Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Sound of Silence


My day has been anything but silent. The vast majority of our days are like that, i think ..... from the blaring of the alarm clock to the time we snap off the TV before bed, our ears are filled with a cacophony of sound. It's never just quiet. 

But sometimes a dose of silence is exactly what we need, to allow our minds to float free, to turn over issues or concerns, to take a break from the usual overload of noise that we are surrounded with. i had a bit of that this morning; a slice of time where the only noise i heard was the churning of the washer as it tumbled my clothes. i was able to sit with my thoughts, reflect on my recent time away with my Sir, re-evaluate my actions and responses, and see where i could have been better, done better. 

i'm not going to wallow in my errors or let myself fall off the path because i made a misstep or two. Yes, i made some mistakes; Sir has already corrected me about them, and i am able to keep moving ahead. This is something i do have trouble with, though. i tend to get bogged down when i err, becoming mired in self-recriminations and then feeling like i'll never "get" it, never be good enough. And once i'm convinced i won't be able to perform adequately, i get the "why even bother to try" syndrome, and i end up quitting.

Well, not this time. i have fought through too many of my fears and insecurities to just throw in the towel now. i may still have times where i feel overwhelmed, or that i can't succeed, or that it's all too much for me. And that's OK, as long as i regroup and keep moving forward. Sir has faith that i can do this; i will choose to believe that He is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment