Friday, November 2, 2012

Aftermath

First off - to any reader dealing with the aftermath of Sandy, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. That storm was a real bitch, though i was pretty lucky; the worst that happened to me was losing my electricity for 16+ hours. It was not fun, no, but i thank God it was not worse.

The lack of power, of course, kept me off the Internet, and away from the TV. i could not post, obviously, and once the power came back on and the town resumed "normality," i found that my words didn't flow, like they usually do. Hmmm. Admittedly, i have had many stressers over the past week, not just Sandy, and i'm sure all of the mess weighing down my mind is to blame.

Still, i have been working on my daily tasks..... the ice cube task was skipped while the power was out, as i did not open the freezer, but otherwise, i have followed through on that every day, and i have recited my evening devotion each night before i go to sleep. The kneeling has been more hit-and-miss, though i do accomplish it most of the time. Training with the bit, however .... ugh. i'm not sure if it's the taste of it, or the fact that it makes me drool, but i still gag on that thing. And it forces my jaw into a weird position and makes it really ache. i have issues with the joint of my jaw anyway - it pops when i open my mouth too wide and tends to lock up and hurt when i overuse it, which makes giving oral a challenge, i can tell you.

Anyway, my ice cube this morning seemed extra-cold, somehow; i not only felt the chill inside me, like usual, but my lower spine also ached, a twinge-y, almost throbbing sensation. That has pretty much resolved by now, but it took me by surprise. Sir's pussy has remained empty for this past week, giving me time to try to absorb the lessons of our time away and attempt to focus on obedience. i admit, it's been a tough week in many ways (did you catch the mention of "stressers" i made earlier?) and i can't decide if the quiet has been soothing as i deal with the other issues, or if it's been irritating, leaving me floundering.

In any case, having Sir's token as a physical, tangible symbol has been reassuring. i'm grateful for it.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment