Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pause, Reflect, Renew

So here it is Saturday night.... wow, the week has gone by so quickly! It's been a super-busy week, and next week will be more of the same. It never rains, but it pours, eh?

Sir has pointed out that i have fallen behind in my posting schedule; i have no real excuse, other than so much of my time and energy has been consumed with work and other issues this week. i apologize for my poor performance; i will be more careful to maintain my regular schedule going forward. 

i can say, quite truthfully, that despite the insanity of my schedule, i have been faithful in the performance of my daily ice cube task, and in the nightly recitation of my devotion. i wear the collar which was gifted to me by Sir every day (i sent a picture of me wearing it to Sir today, and i'm wearing it as i type this, as a matter of fact). 

Once Sir pointed it out, i realized that i sometimes have trouble balancing my obligations to myself with the obligations i have to others, and usually, the obligations to myself are sacrificed. Why do i do that? Why do i automatically - honestly, i didn't even see that's what i had done! - put my own needs/wants/desires behind those of everyone else on the planet?? Why do i assume that the things that i want for myself are less important than the things others want from me? i have no idea..... but i do it all the time. 

i need to stop that. No, i NEED to stop that. i am no less important than anyone else, no less worthy than anyone else, no less valuable in my own right than anyone else. i'm not saying i'm better..... but i'm certainly not less. And that is a shift in my pattern of thought. A good shift, i hope. 

So - shake off the cobwebs, throw off the mantle of complacency, adopt an air of self-awareness. And keep moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a while since my last confession lol, ok well perhaps not but only within the pants of a full moons view lol...

    Sorry just wanted to drop in and say I have enjoyed reading your Steamy escapades and it sounds as though you're having a much easier time adjusting to the finer details and finally enjoying who you are rather than trying to figure out how to accept who you are.

    Continuing upon the road less traveled I too enjoy the bearings of spontaneous direction without the unneccessary fruit of less than mentality keep your grip for all is worth the experience when one can willingly choose to enjoy it regardless of the mainstream hype remember it is not so much what or how others look at you but rather what and how you feel about yourself if you enjoy yourself is the only question that ever needs be discussed, to truly be true to onself first forget that others exhist and experience all in a manner of which only you and whom may be involved are all that matter then in that way you will know no influence other than pure like or dislike for all that is happening....

    So all in all keep along this road less traveled ... A fellow of long!

    ReplyDelete